1. GUIDELINES USE AND AMENDMENT
These Guidelines and Policies form part of our Marketplace Vendor Agreement with you. By operating a Seller Center Account, you’re agreeing to these Guidelines and Policies.
These Guidelines may be amended from time to time. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are satisfied with the amendments. Should you not be satisfied with the amendments, you must refrain from selling your Products on our Marketplace. Continued use of Seller Center will be deemed to constitute acceptance of amended Guidelines.
2. PHOTOGRAPHY AND IMAGE GUIDELINES
The Seller is responsible for creating Products pages on Seller Center as well as uploading images and content that meet Jumia’s guidelines below.
- You can upload up to 8 images for each product in JPEG, PNG and GIF formats.
- Maximum file size is 1MB.
- First Image will be the main image of your product.
- First Image should be the front view of the product
- Background of the product should always be white
- Image size should always be 680x850 pixels. If your image is between 1000x1000 and 2000x2000 pixels you can use our image crop tool to re-size, rotate and crop your images. To access this tool just click on the pencil button on the top left corner of each image you upload (illustrated below).
- Images with part of the product for sale cropped by a frame edge
- Text, logos, borders, colour blocks, watermarks, or other graphics over the top of a product or in the background
- Images that show packaging or brand or swing tags, except for stockings or socks
- Visible mannequins
- Images that do not match the product title
- Nudity or sexually suggestive images
- Images that are blurry, pixelated, or have jagged edges
3. RETURN POLICY
- The Seller shall accept Jumia’s Return Policy provided on the Platform. The Seller agrees to renounce its own return policy in respect of orders on Jumia.
- Jumia will accept returns from the Customer, at no cost to the Customer, provided that the following conditions are satisfied:
- The return request must be made by the Buyer by contacting Jumia’s Customer service team no later than Fourteen (14) days from delivery date
- The Products are returned in the original packaging;
- The Product shows no sign of usage.
- The returned Product is not one of the non-returnable Products or brands stated on the Platform.
- If these conditions contained are satisfied, Jumia will collect and send the returned Product to the Seller within (14) days, at no additional cost. The Seller will accept the return.
- Jumia will collect returns at no cost to the Seller if:
- The return request must be made by the Buyer within six (6) months from the delivery date and must be in line with provisions of Consumer laws relating to the return of defective goods;
- The product must be defective, appear to be defective to Jumia or must not comply with the Customer’s right to receive safe and good quality goods in terms of the Consumer Protection Act;
- Jumia will proceed with the return process, only if Jumia’s after sales support team failed to fix the problem;
- A quality control is undertaken in the Warehouse in order to determine who is responsible for the return of the product.
- Jumia will accept returns of Products that reasonably appear to be defective and will not be obliged to investigate the defect; and
- Defective Products will be returned to the Seller at the Seller’s expense.
- If the quality control shows that the Buyer is responsible for the defect, the product shall be sent back to the Buyer and there will be no refund.
- If the Seller or manufacturer is responsible for the defect, the Product shall be sent back to the Seller.
- In case of disagreement over the quality control, the Seller must provide Jumia with proof that the Product was not defective and had the quality necessary to be sold when it was delivered to Jumia.
- If at the end of the return process, Jumia considers that the final Buyer must be reimbursed, Jumia shall refund the Buyer and process the return on SellerCenter, which will reduce the amount due to the Seller for the particular Account Statement period.
- The term “return” in terms of this Agreement, includes cancellations prior to delivery to Customer.
4. COMMISSION AND PAYMENT TERMS
- Jumia’s commission:
- Jumia’s commission for services rendered shall be a calculated as a percentage of the Display Price of the Product, excluding VAT. This commission structure can be viewed on Seller Center.
- The commission percentage shall exclude VAT and VAT shall therefore be added to the commission amount on Jumia’s Invoices.
- Other Fees: All other fees including, but not limited to, delivery and storage fees can be viewed on Seller Center.
- Jumia’s invoicing and payment to the Seller:
- Jumia shall provide the Seller, by the 15th of every month, with:
- a statement of all the Seller’s Products sold in the preceding month, less any Products returned in that period, known as an Account Statement. The Account Statement shall include inter alia the details of the Products sold, the quantity sold, the amount the Products were sold for and the amount of VAT charged; and
- a Tax Invoice for Jumia’s commission earned during the preceding month;
- The Seller shall be entitled to the total amount recorded in the Account Statement at Display Price.
- Jumia shall settle the balance between the total amount due to the Seller as per the Account Statement and Jumia’s Tax Invoice for commission and any other costs as agreed, within 1 month from month-end of the period described in the Account Statement.
- The Seller shall furnish Jumia with an original letterhead, with the correct bank account details and signed by an authorized signatory, which details shall act as the agreed bank account into and from which payments shall be made.
- Jumia shall pay all amounts owing in terms into a bank account nominated by the Seller, by electronic funds transfer.
- It is specifically recorded that it is the Seller’s responsibility to declare VAT on Product sales reflected in the Account Statement. For the avoidance of doubt, the parties specifically agree that Section 54(1) of the VAT Act No. 89 of 1991 is applicable. The sale of Products to Customers is deemed to be made by the Seller and not Jumia. The Seller may use the Product sale information in the Account Statement for the purposes of declaring output VAT.
- In the event that the Buyer requests an invoice for a Product sale, Jumia will issue an invoice on behalf of the Seller in terms of section 54(1) as stated above.
- Payment method may be subject to change as described in this Guideline.
- Each party shall be responsible for the settlement of its respective tax obligations which arises from any transaction in relation to this contract.
5. PENALTY POLICY
Jumia places high importance on maintaining the trust of it’s Customers. We have established penalties for Sellers, so that customers can shop with a sense of safety and security about their third-party marketplace transactions.
All Sellers should be working toward achieving and maintaining a high level of customer service. To achieve this, Jumia enforces penalties to prevent:
- sale of counterfeit products and non-conformity to the Prohibited and Restricted Products Policy;
- slow fulfilment of Orders;
- cancellation of Orders and out of stock Products;
- non-compliance with Packaging Guidelines;
- high rate of Returns of products according to Jumia’s discretion and;
- breach/infringement of any applicable law and regulations.
Below is a list of penalties which may be enforced at Jumia’s discretion. It is important to note that this is not an exhaustive list and further penalties may be added:
- Out of Stock: x2 commission due to Jumia capped to ZAR 75 per Product with a minimum of ZAR 15. However, not applicable to new sellers during first month of selling.
It is Jumia’s discretion to institute penalties. Penalties that you have incurred will reflect in your Account Statement available on SellerCenter. Once instituted, penalties are non-negotiable.